[lbo-talk] turn off that TV and go to work for Ralph!

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 14:01:30 PDT 2008

So how does this great leap forward in entertainment manifest itself in progressive political action?

On Obama etc. I really can't fathom why any progressive would even contemplate working for the Democrats or Republicans unless they suffer from some incurable idealist delusions or have some personal gain to be made if one party or the other should win by being political hacks. The two party frame for U.S. politics is what makes any significant challenge to capitalism very difficult by operating within the electoral system. Surely it is a necessary (but not sufficient condition) for developing more radical policies that progressives develop third parties and non-electoral means. What are the great subversive lessons that are taught by Grand Theft Auto?

Cheers, Ken Hanly