[lbo-talk] turn off that TV and go to work for Ralph!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 28 14:21:12 PDT 2008

ken hanly wrote:

> So how does this great leap forward in entertainment
> manifest itself in progressive political action?
[clip]
> What are the great subversive lessons that are taught
> by Grand Theft Auto?

Indeed.

Subversive messages/lessons are a dime a dozen. Hell, if all you are interested in are messages/lessons, we can replace the Manifesto with The Waste Land. And such messages _do_ move the odd individual here or there to explore further possibilities, but the random odd individual, passibvely subersive, ages & his/her children remember their parent's oddities with affection, and that is the end of the subversive lesson.

Carrol