[lbo-talk] turn off that TV and go to work for Ralph!

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Mar 28 20:25:55 PDT 2008

On Fri, March 28, 2008 2:01 pm, ken hanly wrote:

> So how does this great leap forward in entertainment
> manifest itself in progressive political action?

It's the cultural expression of (1) the increasing might of developmental states, and (2) the power-shift away from the US and towards the EU/East Asia.

> What are the great subversive lessons that are taught
> by Grand Theft Auto?

Allow me a shameless plug: see my article "Grand Theft Video: Running and Gunning for the US Empire" in the edited volume, "The Meaning and Culture of Grand Theft Auto," (Edited by Nathan Garrelts), available here: http://www.amazon.com/Meaning-Culture-Grand-Theft-Auto/dp/0786428228

You can also read it online for free, right here:

http://www.efn.org/~dredmond/GrandTheftVideo.rtf

-- DRR