[lbo-talk] turn off that TV and go to work for Ralph!

Mike Beggs m.beggs at econ.usyd.edu.au
Fri Mar 28 21:40:03 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 20:25 -0700, dredmond at efn.org wrote:

> Allow me a shameless plug: see my article "Grand Theft Video: Running and
> Gunning for the US Empire" in the edited volume, "The Meaning and Culture
> of Grand Theft Auto," (Edited by Nathan Garrelts), available here:
> http://www.amazon.com/Meaning-Culture-Grand-Theft-Auto/dp/0786428228
>
> You can also read it online for free, right here:
>
> http://www.efn.org/~dredmond/GrandTheftVideo.rtf

Hey Dennis,

That last link doesn't work for me, but I'm really keen to read it.

I'm not a big game player 'cause if I start I can't stop, so I avoid starting. But when visiting the family a couple of years ago my brother and I spent a few days conquering GTA San Andreas and I was really impressed. What makes it is the recreation of a pop culture myth of an historical period. I love the end, the LA riots!

Cheers, Mike Beggs scandalum.wordpress.com