[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed's latest

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon May 5 12:45:52 PDT 2008

> I've never heard anyone say that Obama is a lesser evil, or that he's
> a tactical choice, or that he's the best we can do in a fallen world.
> The support is always at 110% enthusiasm, with grand claims of
> historical transformation should he win, or about the wonderful
> "movement" he's spawned that transcends a mere candidacy. Maybe
> you've had a different experience.
>
> Doug

Despite my own feelings about BHO, which are on the record, he does have a tremendous hold on the oddest crowds. Both my father, who is roughly a capitalist libertarian -- liberal on social issues, economically conservative -- and my mother-in-law, who to this day defends Reagan, love BHO and plan to vote for him. In that sense he has a broader reach than Hillary, and probably McCain. Assuming nothing crazy happens, I fully expect he'll be the next prez. Just what the system ordered.

Dennis