[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed's latest

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:16:38 PDT 2008

Michael Pollak:

Whoa, Charles. Whoa. Adolph is brilliant. And also black. And Doug is a man whose fundamental good heart I would defend with my fists. Racism is the ultimate insult. You don't want to be throwing it at either of them, even a little, even under erasure. That's crossing the electric fence of civilized discourse.

Yes.

And to add to what I've already written, I'm black too and certainly no 'self hater'.

My own critique of Sen. Obama doesn't come from "jealously" or hatred or 'hatorade' or stray alpha particles or god knows what else has been slung around. It's very simple and straightforward.

It was born here:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080107/000587.html>

Reached middle age here:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080317/005320.html>

And came to its conclusion here:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080428/007671.html>

No one has to accept any of it; many apparently don't. Well that's fine, it happens. I don't take it personally or assume my debating opponents are sinister.

Let's cut out the accusations.

.d.