[lbo-talk] Obama: let my Teamsters go!

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:14:30 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On May 6, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Jerry Monaco wrote:

> > If this were a principled stand on Obama's part it would be
> > supportable. As
> > the Sparts say: "The state out of the union movement!"

> Yeah, I actually have a lot of sympathy with this position.

So the Wagner Act was a bad idea? Some, such as Chris Tomlins in The State and the Unions, would argue so. I don't agree, but given the recent fate of the labor movement one has to at least acknowledge that point of view. However, I don't see much of a reversal in the current ranks of the organized without more state involvement, in the form of EFCA.