[lbo-talk] US elections ( Michelle O, ma belle)

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed May 7 14:48:29 PDT 2008

>>> <wrobert@>>

> Bill Richardson , Mexican American O supporter, recently met
> diplomatically with Chavez, I believe.
>
> This higher than average American character

I think my fondest memory of Richardson is the time that he spoke at the University of Minnesota in the late '90's to legitimate a new war with Iraq. This was just after the Ohio State debacle, where Madeline Albright was heckled by the crowd. Richardson was able to speak for about 5 minutes before he was shut down by the large, angry anti-war contingent. I'm not sure what the point is of rehabilitating these hacks.

robert wood

^^^^^ CB: The question would seem to be is he really "rehabilitated" in some sense ?

I think he actually went and had a diplomatic visit with Chavez. The thing speaks for ' itself, if he really did it. It holds some "promise" that he would actually play a" rehabilitaed" role in an O admin.

Lets make some historical comparisons. Lincoln was kind of a hack in much of his early career. But

then he was rehabiliated enough to wage a revolutiooary

war to end slavery ( it was ravolutionary in the technical Marxist sense in that it abolished a major'

form of private property, comrade).

Or lets take F.D. Roosevelt. He was, as most lefts familiar with basic US history know, "to the right" hacky when elected. He ended up considerably to the left on the scale of US presidents.

So, the point of verbally " rehabilitating" hacks would be to point to actually ( or here potentially) rehabilitated activity.