[lbo-talk] Elitism (wasRe: Pokie; Black as inherently second class in America)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri May 9 07:23:06 PDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 9:57 AM, Charles Brown quotes someone:

> Are you arguing that no black person can ever be an elitist?
> Barack Obama, nor Patrice Motsepe, nor any of the the upper middle
> class of Prince George's County? Or am I misreading you?

The words "elitism" and "elitist," meaningless in themselves, have long (always) been the watermark of every anti-intellectual racist demagogue in this benighted country. They should be banned from civilized discourse, or at least only referred to as "the e word," as distinctly worse than "the n word" which some people, at least, use subversively or even affectionately.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos