[lbo-talk] Runaway Rhetoric

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 9 12:58:33 PDT 2008

Robert Wrubel wrote:

> Yes, I thought that reply was pretty shallow! At the least, this idolatry deserves to be analysed as an expression of totalitarian thinking, wish fulfillment, mass delusion, and not just dismissed because of that, but diagnosed and considered as something that can be corrected, or countered, or even used.

Oh come on. Nothing special. Just the quadrennial flight from politics to wild hope that this Democrat will be different. Nothing has changed since the CP's embrace of FDR in `1936. If it's a bit excessive this time that is probably only an echo of excessive negative personality cult around Bush for the last 8 years.

Carrol