[lbo-talk] BHO & working-class whites

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 14 13:47:38 PDT 2008

John Thornton wrote:

> Obama states:
>
> "It is conceivable that a significantly reduced U.S. force might remain
> in Iraq for a more extended period of time. Such a reduced but active
> presence will also send a clear message to hostile countries like Iran
> and Syria that we intend to remain a key player in this region."
>
> How is an "active presence" as "a key player" not a murderous policy in
> this instance?

Liberals have nothing going for them but an intense faith that somehow things will be better. Obama is the latest peg for that empty hope. In another 3 to 5 years there will be another (equally weak) peg and another and another. They will still be holding on to that hope as the Eastern seacoast floods, as power riots rage in the cities, as Third-World dictators (but friends of American Freedom) gain nuclear capacity, etc.

Carrol