[lbo-talk] CNA responds on Tenet organizing agreement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 14 14:04:07 PDT 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> Whose pro-working class agenda might that be? The Senate Democrats'?
> What, exactly, have they promised us?

There's a min wage increase in the legislature that Bruno is so far neutral on. 1199's not helping on that.

> And what exactly are you criticizing here? In your last post, you
> said 1199 should support third-party spoilers; now you apparently
> bemoan their obstruction of the Senate Democrats.

Not spoilers - people with real chances. A WFP/SEIU combo could turn out voters. They've got resources. It's not the Greens. If they're going to challenge Dems, why not do it from the left instead of the right?

>> After that move in Puerto Rico, I'm convinced that 1199 will do
>> anything for itself.
>
> You mean SEIU, I hope. 1199SEIU is a local whose jurisdiction
> includes only the District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, and
> New York.

Sorry, it was Dennis Rivera that led me to confuse them. I'd forgotten for the moment that he'd moved on to bigger things.