[lbo-talk] My review of World Burns to Death's new "Graveyard of Utopia" concept LP about USSR

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 04:17:38 PDT 2008

Incidentally, "Black Hundreds" can be roughly translated as "Rednecks." It's a reference to the Black Earth agricultural (peasant) regions, and was originally a derogatory term for pogromshiki that they later appropriated. "Black" in old Russian was also a term for rabble, scum, the bottom level of society, as opposed to "Red" (the color of diamonds, "beautiful," as in Red Square) and "White" ("Pure," as in the White Tsar).