[lbo-talk] bad for the party?

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu May 15 09:10:30 PDT 2008

Charles Brown wrote:

> If Barry were the Party's nominee, it would seem that what hurts the
> Party's nominee, would hurt the Party. She also hurts the party by
> lessening the chance that she could be the vice presidential candidate.
> Black person/woman ticket would be real good for "the party".
>
> ^^^

i guess i don't understand how a knock down drag out fight lessens his chances of beating mccain.

> also, i don't see that she's carrying a feminist banner. there was a
> report
> on NPR recently showing how she's never really played that up -- in
> much
> the same way obama has tried to play down race.
>
> ^^^
> CB: Yes, Barry carries the banner for Black people whether he plays it
> up or not. He doesn't really have a choice whether he represents Black
> people. That Black people are endorsing him so tough corroborates this
> point. They wouldn't support him if they didn't see him as representing
> them. Barry knows this, by the way, I am sure. With all the talk of him
> being so smart, for me this is prime evidence of his cunning.( in the
> good sense of cunning) Any firster is seen as representing the group
> regardless of whether they explicitly and publically acknowledge it.
> Clinton has the banner thrust upon her, whether she plays it up or not.
> Toward the end she has been saying it more, though. She says she's
> staying in the campaign , not giving up, for all the women who have
> supported her. Too late. Women are the majority of the voters. If she
> had done that from the beginning , and stayed away from racism, she
> might have got the nom.

I really doubt that. I think that, once Obama took off, it was all over for her. She didn't stand a chance up against a dude who has better oratory skills. She had way too much baggage -- too many people hated her from back in the day as well. Not to mention the sexism among that silver of democrats who won't vote for a woman.

> CB: Agree. Thanks. Now I see how they don't get it on Feral Scholar
> blog on this either, as you tried to explain to me last year.
,,,

is he a clinton supporter? !!

> Maybe she could still be vp.

*shudder*

> By the way, Barry was at an autoplant in Detroit suburb, Macomb County,
> the original Reagan Democrat county , and called a reporter "sweetie".
> Then he called her and apologized.

*grin*

do i get an apology for "hon"?

I caught that on FOX last night, the sweetie business. Man, that station has it in for Obama don't they? Hannity and Colmes was disgusting. If anyone wants to know why Obama is seen as evil, watch that show. Or listen to conservative talk radio. ugly.