[lbo-talk] bad for the party?

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri May 16 08:36:51 PDT 2008

>>> "shag"
>
> ^^^

i guess i don't understand how a knock down drag out fight lessens his chances of beating mccain.

^^^^ Might . Might not. Who knows ? On the one hand, there's a lot of talk that lots of Clinton supporters say they will not vote for Barry, and some say they will vote for McCain because of the rough primary fight. On the other hand, by bringing out now things that might be brought out in the general, the steam might be taken out of those things for the general. Who knows ?

^^^^

> also, i don't see that she's carrying a feminist banner. there was a
> report
> on NPR recently showing how she's never really played that up -- in
> much
> the same way obama has tried to play down race.
>
> ^^^
> CB: Yes, Barry carries the banner for Black people whether he plays
it
> up or not. He doesn't really have a choice whether he represents
Black
> people. That Black people are endorsing him so tough corroborates
this
> point. They wouldn't support him if they didn't see him as
representing
> them. Barry knows this, by the way, I am sure. With all the talk of
him
> being so smart, for me this is prime evidence of his cunning.( in
the
> good sense of cunning) Any firster is seen as representing the group
> regardless of whether they explicitly and publically acknowledge it.
> Clinton has the banner thrust upon her, whether she plays it up or
not.
> Toward the end she has been saying it more, though. She says she's
> staying in the campaign , not giving up, for all the women who have
> supported her. Too late. Women are the majority of the voters. If
she
> had done that from the beginning , and stayed away from racism, she
> might have got the nom.

I really doubt that. I think that, once Obama took off, it was all over for her. She didn't stand a chance up against a dude who has better oratory skills. She had way too much baggage -- too many people hated her from back in the day as well. Not to mention the sexism among that silver of democrats who won't vote for a woman. ^^^^ CB: Could be, though The race was pretty close. She has only lost by a silver/sliver.

> CB: Agree. Thanks. Now I see how they don't get it on Feral
Scholar
> blog on this either, as you tried to explain to me last year.
,,,

is he a clinton supporter? !!

^^^^ CB: No ! He voted for Barry in North Carolina. But when I criticized Clinton's gaffes about "gee , I can get white bluecollars and Barry can't", and the historical "ain't I a woman" critique of white feminists's like Margaret Sanger's racism, the Feral Scholars started talking about their "enemy women" thesis, Eldridge Cleaver and stuff like that. I'm like, "uh no, Barry has not insinuated he should uh rape ( gulp) enemy women" (shhheesh) , except most of my countercritique gets "redacted". Ok I'll just tell shag about it. She'll get what I mean.

^^^^

> Maybe she could still be vp.

*shudder* ^^^^ CB: We're talking America here. We won't get Cynthia McKinney elected yet.

^^^^

> By the way, Barry was at an autoplant in Detroit suburb, Macomb
County,
> the original Reagan Democrat county , and called a reporter
"sweetie".
> Then he called her and apologized.

*grin*

do i get an apology for "hon"?

^^^^ CB: You should take it as a sign of respect, of course.

^^^^

I caught that on FOX last night, the sweetie business. Man, that station has it in for Obama don't they? Hannity and Colmes was disgusting. If anyone wants to know why Obama is seen as evil, watch that show. Or listen to conservative talk radio. ugly.

^^^ CB: Funny thing is, I have almost never watched cable news or Fox until I started tracking this campaign. I may be a maniac and naive dreamer, but I get this feel that the right is on the defensive. After Barry won North Carolina and tied Indiana after Rev. Wright took it too the limit,

I get this feeling ( "I've got a feeeelin', I've got a feeelin' , sister") that the "Reagan Democrats" may be snapping out of beating themselves over the head with the Reagan hammer for the last 25 years. It's like suddenly everybody can see tht O'Reilly, Hannity, and the whole bunch, ain't got no clothes on, their lies are naked. The folks in West Virginia don't get it yet, but I'm not sure the workers in Macomb County ( across Eminem's Eight Mile Road out in the 'burbs) aren't waking up. But we shall see. I mean cutting autoworker's wages in half can tend to be a clarifying knock in the head. It's sort of obvious that it's not because Black people are on welfare that your wage got cut in half. It's because y'all been drunk on Bush, Clinton and Reagan.

-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk