[lbo-talk] bad for the party?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri May 16 12:07:22 PDT 2008

Doug:

>Well, less friendly to war, less exercised by same-sex marriage, less
> hostile towards poor people, more secular. It's partly demographic -
> younger people are less conservative than their predecessors (if the
> polls are to be believed), and the hard core of bible-thumping
> reactionaries tends to be older, and they're fading.

Yes, yes -- but don't romanticize the young out in these parts, or in my old stomping grounds of central Indiana. There are plenty of young reactionaries, and their demographic is fed things like mixed martial arts and fundamentalist Christianity. I see it every day. It depresses the hell out of me.

Dennis