[lbo-talk] bad for the party?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri May 16 13:34:31 PDT 2008

On May 16, 2008, at 4:15 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Still, they're
> probably good about queer marriage, so there's that.

But that's probably a good proxy for a whole lot of other social attitudes. A very good thing.

And here's what Matthew Dowd, Bush's chief strategist in 2004, said to the NYT today about same-sex marriage: "At best, it doesn't move voters, and at worst for Republicans, it moves them against them. Not so much on the issue, but it becomes, 'Why are we having a discussion on this issue when we should be talking about things that matter, like the economy, or health care, or the war?'"