[lbo-talk] Megabus.com: competition for Greyhound

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 19:26:00 PDT 2008

--- WD <mister.wd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I gave up on Greyhound long ago: It's dirty, it's
> not that cheap,
> there are too many stops, and half the rides have
> some belligerent
> drunk bugging everyone. Fuck that.

[WS:] Yup. Add to that long lines at ticket counters, unfriendly personnel, and delays. It is arguably one of the worst services available in Amerika. I think it is not coincidence - it is a service geared toward the poor, and packaged accordingly. The conspicuou slack of glamoour seems to have the function of steering those who can afford it toward more expensive - and profitable - means of transportation. This is a part of the Amerikan transit apartheid system.

Wojtek