[lbo-talk] Rove map

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 21 11:02:36 PDT 2008

On May 21, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Jerry Monaco wrote:

> Or maybe I am being stupid because I don't
> understand why you or I should pay attention to this. All you do
> is decide
> that the best way to respond is by insult. This seems to me to be
> ruling
> class politics that is meant to be both stupid and controlling

The politics of the ruling class - whatever that is, exactly, which is my current obsession - are rather important. They rule the U.S. and much of the world. For that reason alone, it's rather important. There are some differences between candidates and parties that shape party and culture. This country will be a different place if Obama or McCain is president. Not a profound systemic difference, but a more than cosmetic difference. And, as I said a couple of times before, I find the whole game amusing, the way some people like sports.

Doug