[lbo-talk] Rove map

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 21 17:38:33 PDT 2008

Marvin Gandall wrote:

> Actually, elections are a good register of "intra-ruling class politics" -
> one of the best ways we have of examining the range and degree of domestic
> and foreign policy differences between the liberal and conservative wings of
> the bourgeoisie, as well as the political mood of the population which gets
> to choose between them.

They could be such a register. They have been in in the past at various times and places. They probably will be again in the U.S.. But they don't register anything now about anything interesting or that we can't know in other ways. I agree with Jerry, which is why I've reduced my reading of LBO to quick peeks at a sampling of posts. Even shag's posts are beginning to be eye-closers.

It's going to be a dreary year for politics and political discussion.

Carrol