[lbo-talk] Fidel responds to Obama's speech

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon May 26 05:25:31 PDT 2008

Fidel responds to Obama's speech. It's a measured article, respectful of Obama as an individual, but pointed, sharp in its critique of U.S. society and policies. He starts by stating: "I do not hold any grudge against Obama personally, since he has not been responsible for the crimes committed against Cuba and humanity. I will not defend him either, since by so doing I could only do a big favor to his adversaries. That is why I don't fear to criticize him and frankly express my viewpoint." (In Spanish.)

http://www.granma.cubaweb.cu/2008/05/26/nacional/artic07.html