[lbo-talk] Ex-aide criticises Bush over Iraq

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:59:59 PDT 2008

Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> writes:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7423099.stm
>
> [WS:] It looks like rats jumping the ship. That
> vermin used to support Bush and his policies, but when
> things went wrong they are all denouncing their
> fuehrer. At this point such revelations amount to
> nothing more than flogging a dying horse - it only
> proves that Washington is populated by despicable scum
> without any redeeming qualities. I despise turncoats,
> but I reserve a particular contempt for those who
> backstab when it is politically safe.

Not to mention those who do so for purely financial gain. McClellan knew he'd never be able to get a publisher to look at a glowing review of his days in the Bush administration, because the only people who would buy such a book are the 25% of the U.S. that still approve of Bush. But they're forbidden by their preachers to read anything but their bibles, so there's no market for anything but a polemic. Shameful.