[lbo-talk] "Theory's Empire," an anti-"Theory" anthology

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu May 29 14:10:07 PDT 2008

question:

I'm not sure how orientalism is being used here? i was trying to think of the specific ways the feminist movement was Maoist and the only thing I can think of, right now (tired), is Susan Griffin's claim that Maoism manifested itself in the form of rejecting and shaming women who appeared to be successful. So, if you wrote a book, the idea, she claimed, was to step down and refuse to allow yourself to become a leader of the movement. Were there other examples of same and, if so, how is this orientatalist. the answer's probably obvious and i'm just too bushed to figure it out! :)

tx