[lbo-talk] "Theory's Empire," an anti-"Theory" anthology

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu May 29 14:46:10 PDT 2008

Actually, I remember reading a book on consciousness raising that was written in the early 70's that explicitly referenced the 'speaking bitter' sessions that were used in multiplicity of ways in the PRC and in the revolutionary movement before that.

As for the broader interest in Maoism, the PRC continued to emphasize anti-colonial struggle when the Soviet Union had abandoned that language (as to practice, it may have been a different story) It seems that the PRC continued to emphasize the anti-colonial message of Baku and expanded on it.

robert wood