[lbo-talk] competence, not ideology ... again

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 15:52:06 PST 2008

Personally, I hope for maybe a watered down FDR (on domestic policy, not nuking Japan and internment camps, etc.), but it's just that -- hope. You know, like the Obama signs say. But like Uncle Noam said, I don't have any illusions. Life might be slightly more pleasant in the US, or at least not as batshit insane as it would be under the specter of a Pres. Palin.

About people at Obama rallies: I have heard that at a few rallies when Muslim women were in view behind Obama, wearing hijab (veils or headscarves), campaign folks came out and asked them to move off somewhere else so as not to be in the shot behind Barry-O. Anyone verify this?

-B.

shag wrote:

"IT may have been the peculair confluence of people of color in the audience -- it was more than 22,000 people according to the paper -- and a region full of military (current, ex, married to, related to, child of, employed in defense industry) but three things got the biggest cheers last week:"