[lbo-talk] Doug's Vote

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 4 16:29:48 PST 2008

Miles Jackson wrote:

> Shane Mage wrote:
> > A couple of years ago there was a Dumbocratic apologist on this
> > List named Nathan Newman. His viewpoint was that of an isolated
> > minority. Today his viewpoint has become that of a seemingly
> > overwhelming majority. Pathetic.
> >
> > Shane Mage
> >
> As Max says, that's "NEWMAN!" to you. --And I think he's still in the
> isolated minority in LBO-land.

One of his last posts was a boast about the good things that could happen with both a DP governor & a DP legislature -- and his example was Illinois. Now one DP congressional candidate is using as his main campaign ad the charge that his Republican opponent is a friend of the Democratic governor! If all goes well the current governor will be the fourth governor togo to prison since I came to Illinois. The score now is one RP 2 DP. This one may make it 3to1. Maybe Blagojevich will bargain his way out with his power to appoint O's successor in the Senate.

Carrol