[lbo-talk] have to say it

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 5 11:29:08 PST 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 11:49 AM, shag wrote:

> :) yeah, a judgement about last night only, not the whole wardrobe
> just to correct any misconception.
>
> See, I had only had a tiny sip of champagne and I went back into the
> living room and looked and asked, "Why is Elvira on stage?"
>
> Seriously, from a distance it was like a dress Elvira might have
> worn -- the red looked like elvis fur attached to the dress. *shrug*

<http://www.style.com/stylefile/2008/11/and-the-winner-is-narciso/>

And The Winner Is… Narciso! November 5, 2008 9:06 am

Yes, it was truly an historic night as the First Family-Elect took to the stage at Grant Park all dressed in red-and-black. After several campaign appearances in Thakoon, Michelle Obama chose yet another talented American, Narciso Rodriguez, wearing a dress from Spring 09.

We’re not sure this is what her husband meant by “change,” but for style watchers—not to mention anxious retailers—it will be refreshing to have a First Lady with a progressive sense of fashion.