[lbo-talk] Obama picks Rahm Emanuel, free trade fanatic & welfare "reformer"

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Nov 6 12:51:21 PST 2008

The Irgun! Holy Jabotinsky, Batman.

I bet -- haven't checked -- you could have found the same sort of signals from Bill Clinton, yet he came damn close to getting a peace deal with Arafat, efforts towards which ended up getting Rabin assassinated. So I conclude the Dems are not quite as bad as they look on ME policy. They say the things needed to mute the Jewish crazies but have the potential to do better than those postures suggest.

As for "neo-liberal corporate rule," some analysis of recent and prospective events that I shall release to a world in suspense suggests we are headed for something different. I believe Marx said some relevant stuff about changes in material conditions leading to changes elsewhere.