[lbo-talk] Joe the "Plumber" admits he has been on welfare, but hates it for others

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Nov 6 14:43:58 PST 2008

Of course Joe is full of shit, but better to view him with a clinical eye. People think the way he thinks. People dream of being rich, resent not being rich, don't blame the rich, and vote against their economic interest, in favor of tax cuts for the rich.

How important this is can be exaggerated, since the maps reveal a racial profile to McCain's support, but it still seems like there is something to it.