[lbo-talk] Joe the "Plumber" admits he has been on welfare, but hates it for others

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 14:10:03 PST 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPzW2XELAfw

Joe's rationale is that he deserved welfare "because he paid into it."

Contrast with:

Joe: "Basically it's wrong to take money away from people who work hard. There's guys out there who make their obligatory one phone call a week, supposedly looking for work, and then they go to the welfare office, looking for a cheque. My money shouldn't go towards them. They don't do anything. They don't contribute to society - they take away from it. And I have a problem with people like that."

from http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/05/uselections2008-johnmccain