[lbo-talk] Obama picks Rahm Emanuel, free trade fanatic & welfare "reformer"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 14:49:56 PST 2008

It's mostly stuff from his correspondence and that of Engels about how so-and-so ethnic group in such-and-such territory is the "progressive nation" and should assimilate all the others. Not really terribly scandalous for his day and age, basically a variation of his thoughts on Jews, which from what I gather were pretty standard for assimilated Jews who had achieved the dream of assimilating into non-Jewish society and for whom Judaism and everything associated with traditional Jewish culture were nasty and backward, linked with the getto, poverty, and what they saw as ridiculous superstition and xenophobia.