[lbo-talk] labor?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 7 10:12:13 PST 2008

This is from The Note:

> Bold-faced names are here to help: "On Friday, Obama is expected to
> meet with his 'transition economic advisory board,' which includes
> business leaders like Warren Buffett, Richard Parsons, Time Warner's
> board chairman, Google chief executive Eric Schmidt, and political
> leaders such as Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm," ABC's Jake Tapper
> reports.
>
> Also at the meeting: Larry Summers, Paul Volcker, Robert Reich,
> Robert Rubin, David Bonior, William Donaldson, Roger Ferguson,
> William Daley, Penny Pritzker, and Antonio Villaraigosa.

Am I missing something? There doesn't seem to be a single union name here. Reich is the closest you get, and as I recall, didn't he once say that "the jury [was] still out" on whether unions are relevant today? Maybe Bonior, but he's a politician, not a tribune of the people. How many scores of millions did they give the Dems, and they don't even get a seat on an advisory board?

Doug