[lbo-talk] Changier and Changier

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sat Nov 8 13:06:04 PST 2008

>>> "Julio Huato"

It's a way to pressure Obama, shape expectations, etc. The pundits have it refined as an art.

Just the other day, Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC was saying (I paraphrase) that it's going to be interesting to see how Obama is going to deal with his left flank once it becomes clear that the state of the economy will not allow him to fulfill such an outlandish promise as universal health care.

^^^ CB: Isn't Andrea Mitchell married to Alan Greenspan ? Maybe she just made a mistake , too.

^^^^^

With a different algebraic sign, it's exactly what the extreme Left is doing on these listservs: vociferously asserting that Obama has a mandate, set to lead the country -- no stops -- to full communism. Smart. So now expect the journalists to assault Obama with hardball questions such as: "Mr. President Elect: Shouldn't the country start by distributing the fruits of social labor according to each individual's supply of labor, before we embark in distribution in accordance to needs?" "Isn't it true Mr. President Elect that we need the social consciousness of Americans to grow a bit further before we altogether do away with bourgeois right in distributional matters?" ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk