[lbo-talk] obama's end run around the democratic party?

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Nov 9 12:31:38 PST 2008

On Sat, November 8, 2008 3:03 pm, RCu8598882 at aol.com wrote:

> forgive the comment of a trade union liberal: but its interesting how the
> Marxist left has written off Obama and his movement more quickly than
> the right has.

I wouldn't go so far as writing off, I think it's more about being realistic about how much power unions and progressive social movements have in the US right now. As a friend of mine recently wrote, the election is just the first step away from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - but we've got to keep moving, to reappropriate Move On's mantra.

> him. Anyway having turned the PA district for Obama does give one labor
> union some clout, even if small. Lively discussion; I'm glad that I
> joined this list.

Welcome to the list! Occasionally things do get heated here, but the depth and breadth of the discussions put most mainstream think tanks to shame.

-- DRR