[lbo-talk] salt

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 10 12:35:44 PST 2008

Thomas Seay wrote:
>> shag carpet bomb wrote:
>>
>>> poking around at links Dwayne's pointed at, I came
>>>
>> across refs to various books related to Pollan's work:
>> Gary Tabues' Good Calories; Bad Calories,
>>

> I didn't read the one on salt but I read Taube's book which was the death-knell, as far as I am concerned, to the whole anti-cholesterol, anti-fat hysteria. Eating a lot more butter and red meat these days!
>
> -Thomas

Years ago when I had my own health food grocery store I had lots of customers who, when discussing nutrition with the staff, would stare blankly at the mention of "good fats" for a moment and then blurt out something to the effect that they aren't stupid, they know there's no such thing as good fat. I keep thinking the obsession a portion of the country has with dietary fat will subside but it's still going strong.

John Thornton