[lbo-talk] Gay marriage

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 05:22:57 PST 2008

I didn't say that they were brainwashed. I said that they were socialized. I meant that if you come from a society in which the church and what it says are important -- which I imagine would be especially the case for blacks given the church's role in the civil rights struggle and the REVEREND King -- you are likely to take what the church says seriously. On things like gay marriage or abortion, for example.

Which isn't to say there aren't lots of other factors. I think this is kind of obvious though. To me anyway.