[lbo-talk] Why Blacks opposed Prop 8 -- and a simple way to turn them?

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:25:50 PST 2008

I thought the post about love this morning was pretty spot on.

Also racial issues just don't seem to register for Dan Savage, but in his column yesterday he pointed out that Prop 8 went the wrong way by a much smaller margin than the last time gay marriage was on the ballot in CA. The other thought that comes to mind: I am all for gay marriage, It will happen soon or later, one way or another. And sometimes I wish people who care about gay rights issues would also try to excite the chattering classes about other issues too. I remember the flap about gays in the military at the beginning of the Clinton administration while the country was also trying to grapple with health care. Gay marriage will solve some health care problems; alliances and targetted action on health care would solve a lot more and for a lot more people.