[lbo-talk] Rove: Our problem is we were too nice

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 09:43:43 PST 2008

Good one. There is some truth behind this. I forget where I read it, but as the Soviets were overrunning Berlin, down in his bunker Hitler was saying that he bitterly regretted not purging his officer corps as Stalin had done, and also not liquidating his political opponents as ruthlessly as Uncle Joe had. Of course, liquidating his officer corps would have made the early successes of the war impossible, but who's splitting hairs at that stage of the game?