[lbo-talk] Why Blacks opposed Prop 8 -- and a simple way

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sun Nov 16 12:42:02 PST 2008

Chris Doss wrote:

>However, I would certainly appreciate feedback from people who are
>actually, like, afro-american. (Charles? Dwayne?)

You don't see a problem here either?

A certain lbotalker who hails from Eastern Europe once asked Charles and Dwayne to represent too. Should this be explained by some cultural heritage you two share based on your knowledge of the South coming from your Arkansas folks and the Eastern European peasant thing?

^^^^ CB: This is complicated and sensitive. I'm working on a comment.

The issue can't be understood without _materialist_ analysis of the impacts on birth rates, history of genocidal assaults on Black people's population and reproduction, expression of this as wanting grandchildren.