[lbo-talk] vision complaints

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Sun Nov 16 17:06:19 PST 2008

At 4:30 PM -0800 16/11/08, Chuck Grimes wrote:

>Holy shit. Never thought about that problem. I'll try to keep it in mind.
>Unfortunately
>I've just written a very long post using even more acronyms than
>usual...Sorry to
>say. The main method that I think gets around this problem is to space out
>the
>letters like O E O, rather than OEO. Tell me if that works.

Yes, that's better. Though not a good example. OEO pronounced as a word sounds the same as O.E.O. Guess there's only certain ways you can pronounce some combinations of letters?

It seems to pronounce the letters if they are capitalised, or lower case with dots or spaces between letters, but as a word if written in lower case without any separation of the letters. Which makes sense.

No acronyms typed in lower case ok folks. (Though it gets some right, like the preceding "ok". It must be a word in the dictionary.

Its all very interesting a problem. I've never used this software before.

The other thing is that the mind seems to process the information differently depending on whether its written language or spoken. I suppose there's a whole science to that, with associated acronyms.)

Of course you do realise that these suggestions could result in Carrol's being able to increase his output of tirades? ;-)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas