[lbo-talk] US hunt for OBL "phony"

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:15:10 PST 2008

It is always satisfying to have one's conjectures confirmed, but the Bin Laden "hunt" was long ago relegated to the "fraud" category. For the life of me I can't understand why Bush has not been savaged mercilessly by the "left-wing media" for Bin Laden's continued "freedom." Here is the evil genius himself, the mad Saudi billionaire who is said to be behind the deaths of thousands of American citizens and soldiers, most of them murdered right here in the U.S., allegedly the greatest threat to "our way of life" since Adolph Hitler, and this guy can't be found or apprehended? Are you kidding me? A man masterminds the murder of over three thousand Americans and the combined intelliegence, law enforcement, diplomatic resources and military power of the United States can't "smoke him out"? It's inconceivable. I'm not a "Bush knew" enthusiast, but what the fuck is - and has been - going on here?