[lbo-talk] Conservative Mona Charen thinks new Bond film is too leftist

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Tue Nov 18 13:34:23 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 02:12:35PM -0800, dredmond at efn.org wrote:

> Best-kept secret of 2008: the Resistance doesn't merely influence the
> videogame culture. We OWN the videogame culture. It's more than just the
> fact that stupendous works of art like Max Payne, Final Fantasy 12 or
> Metal Gear Solid 4 are also platinum bestsellers. Rockstar's massively
> popular Grand Theft Auto 4 features Glukoza sound-tracks and takes down
> the petro-fundamentalists with a flamethrower. Even seemingly innocent,
> mainstream first-person shooters like Insomniac's "Resistance 2" are
> chockful of anti-colonial and anti-imperial history. (I'm doing a little
> writeup on R2, will post it in the December issue of Uplink.)

What did you think of Haze, in this context?

I am just beginning Act II of Metal Gear 4, and finally appreciate what you've been writing. All I have to say is "wow". Although, less geeky folks are probably not going to get past the seemingly stupid names of characters like Snake, Liquid, and Big Boss.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com yahoo msg: beyondzero123

The true method of knowledge is experiment.

-William Blake