[lbo-talk] On the Threat from Religion

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 06:29:42 PST 2008

I think it depends on what one means by "religious" (which doesn't mean "certain" or "dogmatic" -- doubt is a central theme in Christianity after all, even if we restrict ourselves to what I personally think is the most interesting religion). Certainly a lot of the ethical precepts in Marx (and Enlightenment figures in general) are ultimately of Christian derivation, and the eschatology has a lot of parallels with it.