[lbo-talk] Green Party admits leading activists on BNP list

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 20 07:09:00 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:39 PM, James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Green Party admits leading activists on BNP list
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5197862.ece
> Nico Hines
> The Green Party was forced to admit today that two of its former leading lights were on a list of British National Party members leaked on the internet this week.

I am no great fan of the Green Party's liberal leadership, but there is *nothing* particularly astonishing about that 'admission'. The NF used to field former Young Communists as candidates. I'm quite certain there have been a host of former Labour members won to the BNP. So, what could possibly be animating this guilt-by-association tirade against the Green Party by a Murdoch paper?