[lbo-talk] Ivy wit

Bill Quimby wquimby at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:02:06 PST 2008

The original Harvard Lampoon (back in the 40's-50's before it became a national magazine) was hilarious. Two things I recall

- a cartoon of a dog, in the traditional dog-act of back-shoveling dirt on its do-do, but in the place of crap there was a large pile of textbooks.

- a cartoon showing a professor lecturing a class. The caption "This is a professor. He has read a book. Someday someone in one of classes will ALSO have read a book. Then where will he be?"

- Bill