[lbo-talk] Corruption only happens in Venezuela and its Russian allies...

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 17:11:07 PST 2008

Well there is a difference between corruption in the US and in Russia (and I suppose Mexico, Brazil -- most countries), although it isn't the kind of corruption the writer of this article probably had in mind. That is, corruption in the US is not usually directly encountered by the population at large.

Although in Russia at least, speaking strictly anecdotally (i.e., the cops used to stop me all the time, but don't anymore), it's gotten a lot better in the past few years, probably connected with raising of police officers' salaries and a general crackdown on corruption, particularly among the traffic police.