[lbo-talk] US spied on Blair

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Nov 25 06:01:22 PST 2008

As I recall, there was a scandal some years ago, when it was revealed that one of the British spy agencies (perhaps MI5) had spied on Harold Wilson back when he was PM in the 1960s.

I am sure that someone in Blair's position would assume as a matter of course that they would be targeted by espionage agencies, both foreign and domestic.

Jim Farmelant

-- "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: On the other hand, here's what one jaded Briton thought of Blair's being spied on, from the Times website: "Taste of his own medicine. Tony Blair helped create a surveillance state for every one else, so at least he knows how it feels. Dave, Scunthorpe"