[lbo-talk] US spied on Blair

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 25 06:47:47 PST 2008

Probably Tony Blair is far more irritated with the whistle-blower than is anyone in the U.S. He of course knew that he was being spied on, and those spying on him knew he knew, etc. etc. But Blair would have had no wish to have the general public get this peak into standard operation procedures. Embarassing.

I responded to the first post because it seemed to imply that some new Bush-Administration horror was being revealed, which would be nonsense. It is important to recognize how much of Bush-Administration policy is old hat and nothing special as u.s. policies go.

Carrol