[lbo-talk] SEIU's Andy Stern throws former protege to the wolves

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:41:29 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

But the increasing
> weakness of all unions, and the increasing relative strength "business"
> unions

WTF does that mean? I'm familiar with some members of the IWW using the phrase to denigrate every labor organization (and I do mean EVERY one) apart from the IWW. But presumably it has an actual definition?

> Note that for the most part the SEIU defenders on
> this list very rarely participate _except_ to defend the SEIU.

I'm the exception, I imagine.

> What kind
> of leftists are they

I believe they're staff organizers, which would mean they're busy organizing the working class.