[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on the politics of the crisis

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 1 15:30:01 PDT 2008

>Certainly, I myself would support the sorts of social measures a
>scholar like Elijah Anderson proposes, instead of Nutter's stop and
>frisk program and Obama's opportunistic focus on poor blacks' supposed
>failings of responsibility. But I think the attitudes reflected by
>Obama's comments on this subject are more complex than Adolph Reed's
>anti-Obama narrative can acknowledge.

naw. this is old news among black intellectuals. in his piece, reed is speaking directly to folks who follow black agenda report, who rail daily against positions taken by people like nutter and others in the black political landscape. like dyson, they see it as a form of intra-class warfare. and reed's just reminding them of how easily they let it slide b/c it's a black man running for presdinet (tm). were he running for any other office or some other rock star, they wouldn't let him get away with it BAR.